Close your LinkedIn Account : you want to close the account on any of the social media accounts, you can follow certain steps and delete the account and back up the LinkedIn data for the safe side.
Steps to close your LinkedIn Account?
Limiting social media accounts is required to keep an eye on the content. If for some reason, you want to close the account on any of the social media accounts, you can follow certain steps and delete the account. You can close your LinkedIn Account as well. But before closing the account, keep in mind the following points.
1. Your content will be completely lost.
2. You can reopen the account within 14 days, but you will not be able to recover certain elements of the account.
3. If you are sure about closing your account, back up the Linkedin data for the safe side.
The process to close your LinkedIn Account
The process to close your Linkedin account is quite easy. Just follow these steps –
1. log in to your LinkedIn account.
2. Click the profile image, labelled as ‘Me’.
3. From the drop-down menu, click on ‘Settings and Privacy’.
4. Tap on ‘Close Account’.
5. Search for the ‘Account Preferences’ option and click.
6. From the options that appear, click on the ‘Account Management option.
7. You will be able to see the option ‘Close account’ on the nearby screen. Click on that.
8. Linkedin awareness warning will appear, making you aware of what will happen if you close your Linkedin account. Just click on the ‘Next’ tab present at the bottom of the screen.
9. For security reasons, you will be required to enter your password once again. Enter it.
10. Click on ‘Close Account’.
11. If you don’t want to receive notifications from LinkedIn, click the check-box against the option ‘Unsubscribe me from LinkedIn email communications, including invitations’.
This will complete the process of closing your Linkedin account.
How to backup you LinkedIn Data before closing it?
You can easily get a copy of data from LinkedIn, but remember that it will not be entirely comprehensive. If you still want a copy of the Linkedin data, just follow the steps discussed below –
1. Go to your profile section.
2. Click on ‘Settings and Privacy’.
3. Search and click on the option ‘Data Privacy’.
4. Select the option ‘How LinkedIn uses your data’.
5. Tap onthe option ‘Get a copy of your data’.
6. Select the boxes which are relevant to the data you would like to get a copy of.
All the data files will be sent to you within 10 minutes to 2 days time span.
How to deactivate LinkedIn Account instead of closing it?
If you do not want to close your account as you feel that you might need it for some reason later in your life, deactivating the LinkedIn account is the best option. Just follow the steps discussed below to deactivate your LinkedIn account.
1. Log in to your LinkedIn account.
2. Access the profile section.
3. Click on ‘Settings and Privacy’.
4. Choose the option ‘Account Preferences’.
5. Scroll down to the option ‘account management’.
6. Tap on ‘Hibernate Account’.
7. Choose the correct reason for the deactivation or hibernation (optional).
8. Click on the ‘Next’ button.
9. Reenter your password for security reasons.
10. Click on ‘Hibernate Account’.
This will deactivate/hibernate your account.
How to reactivate your LinkedIn Account?
If you have deactivated or hibernated your account, and you want to reactivate it, you can easily do so. But remember, you can reactivate only the hibernated or deactivated account and not the closed Linkedin Account. If you have closed the Linked account, you need to start from scratch to create a new LinkedIn account. To reactivate, follow the steps discussed below –
1. Open the LinkedIn Official website.
2. Try to Log in with the email and password.
It takes around 30 days.
All the personal and professional information gets wiped.
Yes, closing a LinkedIn account, permanently deletes the account. You can hibernate the LinkedIn account if you do not want to delete it permanently.
Unfortunately, it is not possible.