Delete PhonePe transaction history option will be available | How to Delete transaction history on your phone ...
Online payment applications and wallets are launched to offer ease of money transactions. They help in reducing the need to visit physical banks or institutions to transfer money. From any part of the world, people can send and receive money online. Each app offers unique services to make sure the user gets quality services.
PhonePe is one of the most secure apps and is widely known in India when it comes to the part of payments.
PhonePe is widely used as it is compatible with credit cards, debit cards, BHIM UPI, and other wallets. The PhonePe integration allows the user to transfer money from the bank to the app or recharge a mobile phone, pay utility bills, and send and receive cash.
Users can easily make transactions via UPI and to generate the UPI ID in PhonePe, you just need to enter your bank details.
PhonePe transaction history :
By default, any transaction you make through PhonePe will be saved in the transaction history. This contains details such as transaction ID and the amount you have sent or received. It can be used as evidence for any amount sent, received, recharged, credited, or debited through the PhonePe app.
It is wise to keep the history so that you can trace all your previous transactions from the transaction history in the app. However, the app might not be able to hold all your transactions as it might affect the transaction history section.
In such a case, you need to free up some space and make room for more transaction history.
Note: PhonePe does not charge any additional fee for sending or receiving money from the account
How to delete PhonePe transaction history?
Let’s get to know the steps to delete your PhonePe transaction history. Unfortunately, there is no direct way to delete your PhonePe transaction history as per the RBI guidelines. You will need to contact their customer support team to raise a request to delete your transaction history. We have mentioned the step-by-step guide on how to clear your PhonePe history by contacting the support team.
- Open your PhonePe app and unlock the app
- Click on the History tab
- Select the particular transaction history you want to get deleted
- If you are using an older version of the app, click on the delete transaction option
- If you are using a new version, then select Contact Support
- Write a message to the customer support team about your request
- Once you send the message a new ticket will be created and forwarded to the support team
- Within 2 days you will be contacted by the support team to confirm your request
- They will verify the details to confirm you are the owner of the account
- After successful verification, they will process your request
How to delete your PhonePe account?
If you are looking to delete your PhonePe account permanently, you can follow the below steps.
- Open the PhonePe app and log in to your account
- Click on the ‘?’ icon at the top right corner of the screen
- In the Help section, tap Profile and select My PhonePe Profile
- Choose the My PhonePe Account Details option
- Now, tap Deactivate my PhonePe account and select ‘I am not happy with PhonePe’
- Click on Contact Support to proceed
- On the next page, enter the reason why you want to delete your PhonePe account
- Support team will get in touch with you within 24 hours and verify the details to confirm your request.
- Post verification, they will deactivate/delete your PhonePe account.
You cannot delete pending transactions. PhonePe allows you only to delete completed transactions. The pending transaction will be canceled automatically or goes through successfully.
If you don’t want to delete a particular transaction history, then you can hide the transaction details. PhonePe allows you to hide the transaction but you need to state the reason for hiding. Customer support will verify it and provide access.