EPF Passbook Download ( E-passbook ) at passbook.epfindia.gov.in | EPF Passbook & Claim Status | Member Passbook for the members registered on the Unified Member Portal.
It sometimes happens that in order to streamline our expenses and savings, we wish to see how much amount is accumulated in our PF account.
Around 10 years back, to know your PF amount, you had to visit the EPFO office. But with digitization, there is no need to go anywhere.
You just need to log in to the EPFO portal for knowing your balance and other related details.
Details in EPF passbook
Do you know what information the EPF passbook contains? It contains the information of all the transactions made by both sides, i.e., by the employer and the employee. It contains yearly as well as monthly details of the same. All the interest gathered over a period of time is also mentioned in the passbook. In case, you have multiple EPF accounts, you will have multiple passbooks, one for each account.
Prerequisites for accessing EPF Passbook online
In the age of this digital era, you can now see the passbook online, and you can also download the PDF of the same. But for this, you have to register yourself on the EPFO portal with your UAN Number. UAN stands for Universal Account Number. You can check another article on ‘how to get UAN number’ on our official site.
In addition, you must remember that the passbook facility is available only after 6 hours of registration. Three types of members will not be able to access their EPF passbook – Inoperative Members, exempted establishment members and settled members.
The process to download EPFO Passbook
To download the EPFO passbook you need not follow any complex process if you have registered yourself with the EPFO portal using UAN. Follow the steps discussed below to download the EPF passbook –
1. Visit the official portal of EPF India.
2. Search for the option ‘e passbook’ and click on it.
3. In the new window that appears, enter your UAN number, associated password, and the correct given CAPTCHA code.
4. Click on the ‘Login’ tab at the end.
5. Again, a new window will open, where you will be asked to select the Member ID. You have to select that member ID, of which you want to know the PF details.
6. Now, you will be able to see all the information like – the name of the employee, organization, office, Pension contribution, and employer and employee share.
7. You will be able to see a highlighted option over the statement labeled as ‘download PDF’. Click on it to download the passbook and save it.
Viewing the UAN passbook
If you just want to know the details of the UAN passbook, go to the official UAN portal. Search for the option ‘Services’. Click on the option ‘For Employees’. Choose the option ‘Member Passbook’ from the options given. Again, enter the username, password, and captcha. Press the ‘Login’ code and view your associated UAN passbook.
Yes there are many other ways by which one can check the EPF Balance. Some of the popular ones are: –
1. By SMS – Send SMS ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’ on 7738299899. Here, ENG stands for English language. To get the information in your regional language, you can type the first three letters of the language of your choice. For example, to receive the information in Gujarati, type the message ‘EPFOHO UAN GUJ’ and send it on 7738299899.
2. Missed Call – Give missed call in the number 011 – 22901406
3.UMANG App –
a) Download and install UMANG App.
b) Open the App and then search for the option ‘EPFO’. Click on it.
c) Now, click on ‘Employee Centric Service’.
d) Enter ‘UAN’ number.
e) You will then be asked to enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
f) Under the EPFO section, click the ‘View Passbook’ option.
No, UAN Is mandatory.
Yes, the records are verified with the field officers of EPFO.
It takes about 6 hours.