PF STATUS : How to check Online at Epfindia.gov.in | Steps to check Pf Claim status online given below ..
PF STATUS CHECK ONLINE
Money is a sensitive issue. Though we know that we are not going to withdraw PF money soon, as a general human tendency, we wish to check our EPF balance.
Sometimes, we want to check our balance, and sometimes we want to check the status of our EPF claim. Whatever the reason, EPFO helps its member to keep a track of everything on the unified EPFO portal.
There are various ways in which one can check their EPF Claim status. Some of them are –
1. EPFO App
2. Unified Portal of EPFO
3. UAN Claim Status Portal
EPFO App – UMANG
There is an App named ‘UMANG App’. This App is available on Google Play Store for Free. This App is one stop destination App for all the Government department’s services. Follow the steps discussed below to check your EPFO claim status through the App –
(a) Download and install the App through Google Playstore. Search for the ‘EPFO Service’ option and click on it.
(b) Once it opens, search for the ‘General Services’ option and click on it.
(c ) Now, you will be able to see various options. Click on the option ‘Know your claim status.
(d) On the screen that appears next, you will be required to enter the UAN obtained from the EPFO.
(e ) Once you enter the UAN, you have to click on the hyperlink ‘Send OTP’. This will send an OTP to your registered mobile number.
(f) The OTP thus obtained needs to be entered here. This reduces the need of entering passwords.
(g) After the successful verification of your mobile number, you will be able to log in and see your current claim status.
THROUGH EPFO PORTAL (Epfindia.gov.in)
Checking the PF Claim balance through EPFO portal directly is a very good option for sure. It is easy also. Just follow these steps to check the PF Claim status –
1. Visit the portal of EPFO through their official link epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
2. On this homepage, search for the option ‘For Employees’ and click on it. The option is listed under ‘Our Services’ section.
3. Again a service menu will be visible. Click on that to find ‘know your claim status’ and click on it.
4. A new tab then appears. Enter your UAN and the asked CAPTCHA details and click on the ‘Search’ tab.
5. Now, you must select the Member ID here.
6. At the end, click on ‘View Claim Status’ option. This will display your current claim status.
If you want, EPFO also provides you with the facility of getting regular updates.
Through UAN Portal
There is a UAN portal developed by Government of India. One can login to this portal to know their PF claim status. The procedure is as such –
1. First, one must visit the official portal i.e. epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php.
2. Then ‘Our Services’ >> ‘For Employees’ section.
3. Click on ‘Services’ option and then ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’ option.
4. New tab then asks for your UAN and CAPTCHA. Enter that.
5. Search for ‘Online Services’ and then click on ‘Track Claim Status’ . 6. Status will now be visible to you.
No, one cannot. Working in organization that is part of the EPF and MP Act, 1952 is the only eligibility.
Use the link passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemClaimStatusUAN/, enter your UAN and password correctly to check the claim status.
In case of resignation, one has to wait for 2 months.
Raise complaints on the EPFO Portal.
No, employee cannot contribute towards EPF, if he/she is not working.