Check EPF Balance through missed call, SMS, UMANG APP and epfindia.gov.in portal
EPF Balance Check
Namely, EPF stands for Employee Provident Fund. This is the fund organized by Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). This organization has devised many ways in which it can serveits enrolled members. There are various ways in which one can check the EPF Balance. Let us discuss all of them:-
Through EPFO Portal: –
There is a dedicated portal for employees where they can check their EPF Passbook. But to use the portal, you must have an activated UAN account. The process to check is as follows: –
- First, Visit the EPFindia official portal of EPFO .
- Search for the option ‘For Employees’. It is present under the ‘Our Services’ tab.
- If you just want to check the balance, search for the ‘Services’ option and click on the ‘Member Passbook’ option.
- On the page that appears next, there will be an option to enter the UAN. Enter the UAN number and then the password.
- Enter the correct captcha code shown and then press the ‘Login’ tab.
- If all the details entered by you is correct, you will be able to check the balance under your Member ID.
Through Missed Call
The easiest method to check the EPF balance which doesn’t require internet, App, or anything is to check the balance by giving a missed call. Just give a missed call on the number 011-22901406. Give missed calls only through your registered mobile number (RNM), and not from any other name. The reason is, that your EPF account is linked to your registered mobile number only.
Note: – Also This service can only be availed, if your Aadhaar Card, PAN (Permanent Account Number), etc. are all linked to your UAN. IF they are not linked, request your employer to do that.
For those employees who have active UAN, they can send SMS on 7738299899. You will instantly get details of your bank account balance on SMS. The message that needs to sent is ‘EPFOHO UAN ENG’. The last three letters of the message, ‘ENG’ in this case, is the preferred language. Write the first three letters of the language in which you want the SMS. E.g., in the case of Hindi, the message would be ‘EPFOHO UAN HIN’.
Through the UMANG App
There is a dedicated App of the Government of India for all the government employees. The name of the App is UMANG. The full form of UMANG is Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance. On this App, one can check the balance, track the claim, raise the claim, and do many other things. Only one-time registration on the App is require to do so.
You can see all the previous transactions on the App. Just follow the process discussed below: –
- Download and Install the UMANG App through the Play Store.
- On the home screen, you will see various options. Search for the option ‘EPFO’. There will be a logo also. Click on it.
- From the options that appear next, select the option ‘Employee Centric Services.
- On the screen that appears next,you will have two options ‘View Passbook’ and Track Claim’.
- Choose the option as per your choice. To check the balance, click on the view passbook option.
- On the screen that appears next, enter the UAN number. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter that and then click on the ‘Login’ button.
- If all the details entered by you are correct, you will be able to see all your withdrawals, deposits, etc.
Finally, I think the process is quite clear to you. In case of any doubt, you can write to us in the comment box.
And also to Downloads / print EPF Passbook online
FAQs on EPF Balance: –
PAN number is not a requirement when it comes to EPF Balance check However, your EPF and PAN should be linked together.
No, it is not possible
No, a PF number is not needed, only a UAN number is required.
No, it is not possible.
Yes, one can do so. After logging in to the portal with the help of the UAN, you will be able to see several MemIDsrIDs. These Member IDs are organization specific. Portal displays all the previous Member IDs, you can choose from amongst them.
No, it is not possible. To check the balance through missed call, you need to have a registered mobile number for sure.
Employee Provident Fund
4 steps to checked EPF Balance
1. missed call,
3. UMANG APP,
and final one is 4. epfindia portal
Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance