EPF form 31 now available to download at epfindia.gov.in or online EPF form filling Process as given below:
EPF Form 31
There are various forms related to EPF. EPF form 31 is one such form. This form is also known by the name EPF advance Form. This form is used when one wants to partially withdraw the EPF amount in advance for some reason. You must be aware that withdrawing the PF amount before a specific period. So, if for any reason one needs to withdraw the amount for some reason, he has to fill the FORM 31.
There are some specific reasons only for which one can withdraw the PF amount. Some of the reasons are – the education/marriage of the children, the purchase of land, construction of the house, renovation of the home, repayment of the loan, salary not received, etc.
How to download FORM 31?
The process of downloading Form 31 is very easy. Just go to the site of EPFO and download it. Alternatively, you can download from epfindia.gov.in/site_docs/PDFs/Downloads_PDFs/Form31.pdf
How to submit Form 31 offline?
Form 31 can be submitted online as well as offline. The process to submit the form offline is discussed below –
1. Download, print, and out fillout the form.
2. Conttheact employer and validate the reason and a get certificate for the same. Get all the enclosures also attested.
3. Get your designation, date, and signature field filled in by your employer.
4. Take this form to the EPFO office.
Read this article : EPF WITHDRAWAL ONLINE
How to submit Form 31 Online?
1. Visit the official EPFO e-sewa portal. Log in with the UAN number , Password, and correct Captcha.
2. Search for the ‘Online Services’ section. Search for the form. Click on FORM 31.
3. An auto-filled form appears. Just enter the last four digits of your bank account number to verify.
4. Just click on the ‘Yes’ tab after that to agree to the terms and conditions.
5. In the section ‘I want to apply for, click the ‘Only PF Withdrawal’ option.
6. Now, from the available options, choose the ‘PF Advance Form’.
7. Enter the asked details such as the amount of withdrawal, the purpose of withdrawal, etc.
8. Now, click on the ‘Submit’ tab. This will complete the process of online submission of the form.
Information and documents required for filling FORM 31
As form 31 acts as proof containing the valid reason for the partial withdrawal of the EPF amount. It asks for a lot of information from both the employee as well as the employer, as it is related to the monetary disbursal. The following information will be asked for –
1. Your name, father/Husband’s name.
2. Your PF account number
3. Name of the organization you are working with
4. Your Address and mobile number
5. Mode of remittance – You need to choose the mode of payment. You can choose from many options like – electronic mode, money order, account payee cheque, etc.
6. Your and your employer’s signature
7. Re. 1 stamp
8. Employer attestation and approval
9. Information by the PF Commissioner
A canceled cheque, certification from the last employer (if offline), linking of Aadhaar and PAN with UAN.
It takes about two weeks
Through the e-Sewa portal of the EPFO.