IceGate Registration process : ECommerce Portal Login Services, who want to register at ICEGATE Portal must register with their registered email id and mobile number available in DGFT / GSTN.
ICEGATE ECommerce Portal Services & ICEGATE Registration
Officially ICEGATE is a government portal, solely dedicated for the help of Importers and Exporters. Full form of ICEGATE is ‘Indian Customs and Indirect Taxes’. This portal helps the Cargo service providers and traders in many ways.
This portal is used by different departments, licensing and regulatory bodies for data communication and related actions. As this portal has tied up with fifteen partners that provide wide range of services, this portal gives faster customs clearance.
Services provided by ICEGATE –
Major services provided by the Icegate portal are: –
(a) refund of taxes (IGST)
(b) scrip generation
(c) custom clearance
(d) Filing of documents
(e) Grievances settlement
(f) Online Verification –
(i) Capital Goods License
(ii) DES License
(iii) Duty Entitlement Passbook
(g) Fee Payment
(h) Tracking Status (Customs)
(i) Data Search (based on PAN)
Who should register at the ICEGATE Portal?
ICEGATE portal is useful for those who are related to any of the following works –
3. Consol Manifest
4. Import General Manifest
5. Export General Manifest
Registration process at ICEGATE Portal
ICEGate Registration process is quite simple. You just need to go to the official portal of ICEGATE. Just follow the steps discussed below to register on the portal –
1. GO to the official page of ICEGATE i.e. icegate.gov.in/UserReg/autoIECRegAction
2. To Login to the portal, click on the LOGIN tab. IF you are a first time user, you need to first Sign Up. So press on the Sign Up tab.
3. If you are signing up for the first time, you will have to fill IEC (Import/Export Code. Now, enter the GST Identification Number.
4. When you enter it, a temporary password will be sent to your RNM (Registered Mobile Number). Enter that password on the screen and then enter the correct ‘CAPTCHA’ code.
5. At last, click on the ‘Submit’ tab.
6. This will end the process of registration. Now, enter those credentials in the Login ID/Username area.
7. Now, enter the password.
8. On the new page that appears, you have to enter the OTP (received on your registered mobile number and email ID).
9. To complete the registration, click on the ‘Finish’.
Benefits of ICEGATE Portal?
1. It helps in the efiling services. Import and export declarations.
2. One can view the status of their documents online.
3. All the queries related to the Bill of Entry, shipping etc. can be reverted back instantly, to avoid any confusion. Queries can also be raised.
4. Acknowledgements sent, can be viewed easily.
What is special about the ICEGATE Portal?
Before the introduction of this portal, getting digital signature on the documents was a very time consuming task. Getting permissions for the digital signature on the document from the officials was a cumbersome task.
So, the users were refraining from registering on the portal. But, with the introduction of this Portal, the problem was resolved. Now, the need of the digital signature has been eliminated due to the efforts of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs.
Now, one needs to submit their Import/Export code and GSTIN only for the registration.
Login to the ICEGATE site. Then search and click on the ‘CB Wise Daily Summary’ option. Search for the option ‘Bill of Entry’ and click on it. Enter the PAN No. and then tap on the tab ‘Click Here’. This will open the Summary.
Just Login to the portal and then enter the details asked like shipping Bill, date, etc.