Activate UAN – steps given how to do it, and how to do UAN registration as given below..
If you have not registered for getting a UAN, it is advisable to do so as soon as possible. This is so because only after the registration and activation, you will be able to do everything on the EPFO portal from viewing the balance to withdrawing the amount.
The process of registration and activation is quite simple. This needs to be done by the employer. If you are an employer, just follow the steps discussed below, to register for the UAN and activate the same –
1. There is a separate Employer Portal of the EPF. The employer just needs to log in there. For this, the employer needs the Establishment ID and the related password. Alternatively, the employer can log in to the UAN Login Portal as well.
2. After logging in successfully, go to the section ‘member’, and then search for the option ‘Register Individual’.
3. Here, the employer needs to fill in the employee’s detail. So, the employer must be ready with the basic details and ID details of the employee.
4. Enter employee details like PAN, Aadhaar, Bank account, etc.
5. Once entered, approve the details by clicking the ‘Approve’ tab present in the Approval section.
6. If all goes well, the UAN for the related employee will be generated. Now, the employees can link the PF with the UAN.
For the registration and activation of the UAN with the EPFO, an employee must be ready with the UAN and the PF numbers. For activating the UAN online,
follow the steps discussed below
1. Reach the official site of EPFO portal. Search for the tab ‘Our Services’ and click on it.
2. Search for the option ‘For Employees’. Again click on it.
3. There will be an option named ‘Member UAN / Online Services. It will be highlighted like a hyperlink. Click on that.
4. This helps you to log in to the UAN portal. Now, you will be required to enter the asked details like PF Member ID, UAN, mobile number, etc. Enter it.
5. At the bottom of the page, there will be a tab ‘Get authorization PIN Button’. After you have filled in all the required documents, click on that.
6. An OTP will then be sent to your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP/PIN on the screen. Do not forget to tick mark the boxes present before the Disclaimer form.
7. Now, click on the ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
8. This will register your UAN on the EPFO portal. A password will then be sent to your registered mobile number which can be used for accessing the EPF account.
Most Recent Asking questions Asking about the “How to Activate UAN”
Basic Identity proof documents like – Aadhaar Card, PAN card, Bank Account details, and Address Proof like a Ration card, rental agreement, etc. might be required.
Yes, you can. You need to visit the EPFO portal and then ask for their help.
It is not mandatory, but no information related to your PF can be gathered online if you don’t have UAN number. For all PF-related online services, having a UAN is mandatory.
Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) is solely responsible for the allotment of UAN.
Yes. You need to submit the updated details to your employer. Only your employer has the authority to change your details and update it on the portal.
No, it is not so. UAN number of an employee remains the same throughout his life.