Link Aadhar with Pan now available at incometax.gov.in portal, make sure to visit and linking your AAdhar card with PAn Card without any mistake and Check your AAdhaar Staus…
HOW TO LINK AADHAR WITH PAN?
If you want to continue trading and investing, you have to link your Aadhaar with the PAN card before 30th June 2023. After this, the service will be disabled. For the submission of a request for the PAN–AADHAAR linkage, one has to pay a fee of Rs. 1000. If you want to link your PAN with Aadhaar through the portal of the income tax department, follow the steps discussed below –
1. Go to the official portal of the income tax department or click the link e-Filing Home Page, Income Tax Department, Government of India.
2. On the screen that appears, you need to enter your PAN and Aadhaar.
3. Click on the ‘Validate’ tab to validate your entries.
4. Now, click on the ‘Continue’ tab.
5. Enter the name. The name should be as is printed on the Aadhaar.
6. Enter the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar.
7. Now, you need to tick mark the option like ‘I agree to validate my Aadhar details’. If you have only the year of birth on your mobile then tick in front of the option ‘I have only year of birth in Aadhaar card’.
8. Once, you have agreed or tick marked the suitable options, click on the tab ‘Link Aadhaar’.
9. You will then be asked to enter the OTP. Enter the OTP.
10. Click on the ‘Validate’ tab.
If all the information provided by you is correct, your Aadhaar will be easily linked to your PAN card (LINK AADHAR WITH PAN).
CHECK LINK AADHAR WITH PAN STATUS
If you want to know the status of your LINK AADHAR WITH PAN request do as follows –
1. Go to the official portal of the income tax department. Search and click on the options link Aadaar Status.
Alternatively, use the link e-Filing Home Page, Income Tax Department, Government of India to directly reach the desired page.
2. On the screen that appears, enter the PAN and Aadhaar numbers.
3. Cross-check both of them and then click on the tab ‘View LonkAadhaar Status’.
This will show you the current status of the LINK AADHAR WITH PAN request.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT FOR THE LINKING OF AN AADHAAR CARD WITH A PAN CARD?
(A) Making Payment through Income Tax Department e-portal –
For making the payment, follow the steps discussed below –
1. Go to the portal of the income tax department.
2. On the page that appears, you have to enter your PAN Number.
3. Now verify the PAN number with an OTP sent to your mobile number.
4. Once verified, you will be directed to a new page in which you will be presented with varied payment titles.
5. Choose the year of payment as ‘2023-24’.
6. Select the Type of Payment. For paying the fee for the linking of PAN and Aadhaar, one needs to select the option ‘Other Receipts (500).
7. Press the ‘continue’ tab.
8. Now, you have to enter Rs. 1000 in the box given before the ‘Others’ field in the tax-break-up section. Just proceed to make the payment.
(B) Making Payment through NSDL –
1. Go to the NSDL payment portal
2. Choose the non – TDS/TCS category.
3. Tap on the ‘Proceed’ tab. It is present under Challan No. / ITNS 280.
4. You will be able to see a challan on the screen. The challan will be having two heads – Major (0021) and Minor (500).
5. Now, enter the information asked. Make the payment. (Rs. 1000) through single Challan.
How to make corrections for Linking PAN with Aadhaar?
It happens that while linking the PAN and Aadhar, the details of the document do not match. Due to these errors, the linking request gets stuck or rejected.
The changes can be made by visiting the portal of NSDL PAN. Follow these steps to make corrections in the PAN details.
1. Go to the NSDL (Protean Site), i.e. https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html
2. You will see the option ‘Application Type’ on the screen. Click on that. A drop-down list will appear.
3. Choose the option ‘Changes or correction in existing PAN Data / Reprint of PAN Card (No changes in existing PAN Data’.
4. Choose the category now. You can choose from – Individual, an association of persons, a body of the individual, a company, a trust, or a limited liability partnership.
5. Now, enter details like Name, DOB, Email, Mobile Number, PAN Number, etc.
6. Enter the correct Captcha code.
7. Recheck the captcha code and then press the ‘Submit’ tab.
8. You will then get a token number. This token remains valid for 30 days.
9. If you want to continue making changes to the application form, click the TAB ‘Continue with PAN Application Form’. Tab.
10. Now read the application form step-wise-step, enter the details and upload the digitally signed documents.
What to do if one is unable to link PAN with Aadhaar even after raising the linking request?
If one is unable to LINK AADHAR WITH PAN even after raising the linking request, one has to make some corrections. It might be that there is some problem with the PAN or Aadhaar Card. There are methods to make corrections in both of them. Make the corrections and raise the linking request again. This will help sort out the linking problem.
What is the importance of Linking a PAN Card with an Aadhaar Card?
Linking of PAN with Aadhaar card has been made mandatory by the Government of India. There are various benefits of doing so –
1. Problem of multiple PAN cards will be solved.
2. One will get proper summarized detail of taxes.
3. Income tax return form processing will be made easy.
4. It will save one from facing the deactivation problem of the PAN card. The PAN cards of those people who will be deactivated after 30th June 2023 who have not linked it with Aadhaar.
Mostly Asking Questions:
No, NRIs are exempted.
Some people who are exempted from Aadhaar PAN linking are –
(b) Residents of J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam
(c ) Senior citizens having an age more than 80 years
(d) Those who are not citizens of India
No, for linking Aadhaar and PAN, the credentials like name, DOB, etc. must match with each other. In case there is a mismatch, it is best to update the name and DOB on your Aadhaar or PAN card.
For this, you need to go to the UIDAI portal and Update it. Use the link Updating Data on Aadhaar – Unique Identification Authority of India | Government of India (uidai.gov.in) to directly go to the page UIDAI. This page contains all the details about how to update your aadhaar. Read the information carefully.
It is 30th June 2023. You can also check the page https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1911396. It has all the details of the extension date and procedure.
Linking of Aadhaar with PAN card is necessary for all whether it is taxable or not.